To join the CDN Google group, simply subscribe:
- To subscribe, go into your University of Minnesota Google Email account and enter into the Google Groups App.
- From the Groups Home screen, type in Career Development Network in the search field.
- Click the Career Development Network name and select Join Group.
- The Join Group dialog box appears and fill in the options on the Join Group dialog box. These options allow you to choose if you want to continue to receive each individual email or if you would like a daily digest. Once you have filled out the form, click Join This Group.
- You are now a member of the Career Development Network group!
To send a message to all the people currently subscribed to the list:
Send mail to Google Group Name email@example.com. This address firstname.lastname@example.org is called the "list address." Please DO NOT try to send any command intended for one person to that address, as it would be distributed to all the people who have subscribed.
The purpose of the CDN listserv is to share information that will enhance career advising and professional work at the University of Minnesota. Topics that assist career counselors, advisors, and employer relations staff in promoting student learning and professional development may be shared via the group, including:
- Events and programs
- Open Job Postings
- Resources - articles, diversity tips, etc.
To remove yourself from the group, you will follow the steps below:
- Open Google Groups
- Click My Groups > Career Development Network
- In the upper-right corner, click My Settings > Leave this group