So you’re looking into grad school! This can be a great next step for you in your education and future career, but the process can be daunting. We're here to help! Career Services supports students through their entire graduate and professional school application process: exploration, research, planning, personal statements, applications, interviewing, and deciding.
- Your college's career office is your best resource. Career counselors will help you create a plan based on your specific goals, and each of our offices has specific resources to help you consider:
- Is it right for you?
- When should you go?
- Which programs are right for me?
- Application timelines and fees
- How to write a personal statement
- Who should I ask for a letter of recommendation?
- Financing graduate school
- Not able to visit your career office? Here are some tips:
- Be clear on your motives for going and carefully weigh the potential benefit with the cost of a program. Is graduate school right for you?
- Reach out to the graduate programs of interest to you. They'll be happy to talk to you as a prospective student about their program details, admissions requirements, and career options for their graduates.
- If you would like to find a career professional to meet with for individual guidance and live in Minnesota, the MN Career Development Association has a directory and Minnesota CareerForce offers free in person coaching and workshops.
The Pre-Health Student Resource Center is here to help you prepare for a health professional program, wherever you might be in the process. They support you all along your journey to a health career - from exploring health career options, developing an authentic and competitive portfolio of experiences, and preparing your application to a health professional program.
Are you interested in the possibility of attending law school after you complete your undergraduate degree here at the University of Minnesota? Maybe your mind is already made up; law school is definitely in your future. Then again, maybe you don’t exactly understand what law school is all about, what it can prepare you for in terms of a future career, or whether you should actually go ahead and pursue the law school option…or not. Either way - you're not alone! Pre-Law Advising is here to help you explore, prepare for, and apply to law school.
University of Minnesota Graduate Programs
- The Graduate School has information on the academic gradutate programs for UMN departments.
- University of Minnesota Professional Schools